Wednesday, October 24, 2007

TV Shows Thumbsdown

Man, oh man. I found this so very ironic. Last night I realized it that the tv program in all the tv stations in Indonesia, particularly in the primetime segment (from 7 to 10pm) was all so very, absolutely pathetic. Well, I know, complaining or even cursing is not the best thing for anyone to do, but I could not help it, others might have better solution, which is, “just turn off the damn tv, if you do not like what you’re watching!” Well, yes I could, but, I just want to point something out for the fact that we have serious problems regarding the tv programs particularly at the primetime segment.

What is the problem anyway? It looks like everything is fine, you can just watch the sinetron, or Indonesian tv series, or whatever, I don’t know what to call it, but I think that is the main problem. It is because I just do not think that we have something to be proud of regarding all those things we watch. Here’s why. First, I just want to bring it back to the basics for the fact that the sinetron is somekind of, branch, of art. Like screen art. But what I see on tv nowadays, art, I think is the furthest thing of what sinetron has to offer. I mean, how do you extract the sense of art from those things we watch on tv at the primetime segment? Most of them depicts a story of a female teenager who is having all kind of misfortunes in her life. Not to mention all those villains who always screams on the top of their lungs, with those huge evil eyes, and literally, abuse the main character throughout. I mean, it is absolutely ok if there are one of two of them with the same story lines, but for the love of God, they are all like that, in almost all tv stations. And, the worst thing is, all of those sinetrons are a regular fixture at primetime segment 7 days a week! Gimme a break!

Second, the impact to those who watch those kind of shows. What I mean is, most of those shows bring a high rating to the tv stations because, most of people, particularly women and teenagers love to watch those kind of shows. That is what matter, rating. To those tv stations. But what about the people who are watching? They are going to be poisoned with the same storylines that depicts people who are being abused and tortured every single day. What do they gain, watching those kinds of shows? this is so pathetic I can't barely speak. I wish I could bring any sollution in this, I am sorry for complaining like this, most of you must be thinking that I'm a miserable-know-it-all, but I am just voicing my point for the fact that we need to bring this up, tv stations and production houses should come up with something more more creative, in order to bring good impact for the public who watch the tv shows. Aaaaaargghh..!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

view this: http://andicted.deviantart.com/art/Turn-Off-Your-TV-66305265

Anonymous said...

huahahaha....hmm, u know yesterday i wacthed television on 7 or 8 pm, its indosiar one,.....the film i wacthed on that line is soo funny...its indonesian sinetron with a modern background( with big house and shopisticated motorcycle) n the story was so annoyed me, in modern era they still have a traditional tought about legends(sky kingdoms,monsters,etc), the funniest things was the way they act, dubbing sounds of their conversations, and the poor effect of their film.....but what make me wonder is...lot of peoples waited for wacthed the films(some of the title : legenda siluman gajah, si belalang dari negeri langit, etc..etc)